Saturday, January 31, 2009

Newbie Nubians

Two more newbies joined the farm today. Maddy and I drove down to Mountain View, MO to pick up a Nubian buckling and doeling from Emily at Ozark Jewels farm. They are absolutely adorable!

Here is "Ozark Jewels Hey Jude". Jude has the most lovely ears I've ever seen, and some good looking and performing goats in his bloodlines. And, oh.. those eyes! Even though he's tiny, he'll be the new herd sire. Couldn't you just pick him up and cuddle him?



The only doe we were able to pick up this year (all of the other does from whom we'd reserved doelings had all bucklings... just my luck) is the most dainty and beautiful little girl. Introducing "Ozark Jewels Elfia Gem". Elfie's face just makes my heart melt. Isn't she lovely? Her left ear twisted over when Emily tattooed her. I'll fix it with duct tape because duct tape fixes everything.



They weren't cooperating very well, so I couldn't get great pictures. They really only want me around for the bottle... imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment