Monday, February 2, 2009

Addiction

Craig's been giving me the stink-eye about bringing new animals home. So, I did a little experiment to prove him wrong, that we do NOT have more animals than we had intended. That experiment backfired and I'm a little ashamed of myself. Not enough so to stop getting animals; that's step 6. For now, though...

Hello, my name is April and I'm a farm animal addict.

The Farm Roster

Buttercup and Buttons, Jersey cows - 2
Boer Goat Sr. Does - 8
Boer Goat Jr. Does - 5
Boer Goat Buck - 1
Boer Goat Wethers - 5 (will be eaten)
Boer Goat babies due in March - approximately 14
Hens - 13
Flock roosters - 2
Roosters that will be eaten as soon as I get around to butchering them - 12
Dogs: Jake, Spunky, Buddy, Abby, Jack, Gizmo and Julia - 7
Helen, the Peahen - 1
Fez, the Pheasant - 1
Geese (Momma and "You Bastard") - 2
Runner Ducks (Cagney, Lacey, Starsky and Hutch) - 4
Muscovy Ducks (Freckles and Copernicus) - 2
Mallard Ducks (Hughie, Dewie and Louie) - 3
Yin, the good for nothing cat - 1
Nubian bucklings - 2
Nubian doelings - 1

See... that's only 86 animals. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment