Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ssssssssssnake!

I hate snakes. There, I said it. I know - I'm supposed to love all the critters on this green earth. But... *shudder*... snakes creep me right on out. I had no idea I could scream that loudly!

The other day a speckled king snake took all the eggs from a runner duck nest. Yesterday I was moving a pile of brush and found a small copperhead. Earlier this month a snake was in a raised garden bed. Pat and I saw two snakes in the creek last week. GAH!!!

I don't mind black snakes so much, until they get in the hen house. If they can't content themselves with eating other snakes and start going for my eggs and chicks, then they have to become hiss-tory. (ha.. cracked myself up)

Today Craig dispatched a huge black snake that was in the chicken house. There's a couple chicks missing, so he had to go. Check it out:


Pardon the weeds in the flower bed, I can't pull them - there might be snakes in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment