Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Runner Ducks!


Today I went and picked up four Indian Runner Ducks from some wonderful farmers up by Bonne Terre.

These ducks are purely for entertainment value, as they are hysterical to watch. Rather than the normal horizontal body position of "normal" ducks, they stand upright and run everywhere!

I got two breeding pairs... a black and white pair (who will hopefully breed me some penguin ducks.. tee hee) and a fawn colored pair. They have been affectionately named Starsky (the black male), Hutch (the fawn male), Cagney (the white female) and Lacy (the fawn female).

They've made great friends with the mallards (I don't think they're really mallards, but I don't know what kind they are) and the muscovies. They piss the geese right off because they don't listen to geese orders.. that's funny too.

No comments:

Post a Comment